About Dr. Lydon
Peter J. Lydon, MD, FACS graduated from Boston University School of Medicine and went on to complete his surgical residency at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital of Boston. Dr. Lydon later became a teaching fellow in surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine. Dr. Lydon is dual-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Dr. Lydon is currently on staff at Norwood Hospital in Massachusetts, maintaining the following positions:
- Chief of Surgery: 2009 – 2011
- Medical Director, Surgical Intensive Care Unit: 1987-Present
- Chairman Nomination Committee: 2001-2004
- Medical Staff Executive Committee: 1996-2000, 2009-2011, 2014-present
Dr. Lydon was the President and Medical Director of The Eastern Massachusetts Surgery Center in Norwood from 2007 to 2011.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Lydon maintains memberships with several professional societies, including:
- American Foregut Society – Founding Member
- American College of Surgeons – Fellow
- Massachusetts Chapter American College of Surgeons
- Boston Surgical Society
- American Hernia Society – Charter Member
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Harvard Pilgrim Physician Association Board Member: 2000-2007