graduated from Boston University School of Medicine and went on to complete his surgical residency at St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Boston. Dr. Lydon later became a teaching fellow in surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine. Dr. Lydon is dual-certified by the and the .
Dr. Lydon is currently on staff at Norwood Hospital in Massachusetts, maintaining the following positions:
- Chief of Surgery: 2009 - 2011
- Medical Director, Surgical Intensive Care Unit: 1987-Present
- Chairman Nomination Committee: 2001-2004
- Medical Staff Executive Committee: 1996-2000
Dr. Lydon is the President and Medical Director of The Eastern Massachusetts Surgery Center in Norwood founded in 2007
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Lydon maintains memberships with several professional societies, including:
- American College of Surgeons - Fellow
- Massachusetts Chapter American College of Surgeons
- Boston Surgical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Hernia Society - Charter Member
- Harvard Pilgrim Physician Association Board Member: 2000-2007
View Dr. Lydon's CV here.